Monday, July 20, 2009

The O.C. Blog Hop - Carmel Corn & Easy Cheesecake

It's MckLinky Blog Hop time and this week is Favorite Recipes. I remember having this carmel corn when I was little but it has been a very long time since I've had it. My Mom surprised us with this for a 4th of July dessert. Holy Mackrell! I am pretty sure I ate more than anyone else! Enjoy!!

Kathy's Karmel Korn (chewy)
2 1/2 C brown sugar
1 sq real butter
1 can eaglebrand milk (sweetened condensed)
1c white karo syrup
Cook to 200degrees (very soft ball). Pour over popped corn (we used 3 bags of no-butter, no-salt microwave popcorn). Yum Yum Yummy!
I really love desserts. And the easier they are to make the better! Here is another one of my all time favorites.
Best Cheesecake
Make graham-cracker crust with real butter or buy pre-made crust.
Beat together:
1 8oz pkg soft cream cheese
1 can eagle brand milk
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 c sour cream
Fold in one small can drained crushed pineapple. Garnish with mandarine oranges. Refrigerate over night, if possible (if you can wait that long to eat it).



MckLinky Blog Hop

9 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I love caramel corn and cheesecakes are our 3 kids' favorite.

Thanks for sharing!

confused homemaker said...

Thanks for sharing we all love carmel corn at our house, but we never made it before. Now we'll have too.

happy hopping:)

Kelli W said...

Mmmm. That cheesecake sounds SUPER yummy and easy! I bet the pinapple makes it really good!

Lindy said...

love the picture with the carmel corn and i think your phone is off the hook again, call me at work - love mom

Angie Vik said...

I love caramel corn and the recipe looks good. When you say Eagle Brand milk, are you talking about evaporated or sweetened condensed milk?

I like the look of your blog. It's clean, simple, visually appealing, and easy to navigate.

the brown couch said...

Hoppin in for some of that yummy popcorn!

Deborah

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog and glad you stopped by for a visit...

Be looking for a Christmas post soon....

Shana Putnam said...

Glad to help you figure out waht to do with your overripe bananas. Everytime i write that word that song comes to mine...lol. Sorry add kicked in for a sec. I love your recipes too and want to thank you for stopping by and commenting. You ahve a gorgeous family and now a new follower. HAve a blessed day!

HeatherOz said...

mom stop