So, for the last couple of months, every once in a while, when I would ask Daisy if she wanted "more" of something I would also use the sign.
More - The thumbs and fingertips of each hand are held together, and the fingertips of both hands tap together several times. Represents gathering more things together. *photo and instructions from Parents.com*
Last weekend, after Daisy had finished eating her first ever banana chocolate chip cookie she did this:
Silly Smartie! It took me two days to get her to perform for the camera. I'm so excited about her new skill that I'm going to try to teach her a few more signs. Here are a few that I found at Parents.com. **Update: My sister let me know that I forgot to add what the sign actually meant. I added the meanings to go with the actions! Man, I'm tired!**
Mom - The thumb of the sideways "five" hand taps the side of the chin several times. Fingertips may wiggle.
Eat - The fingers and thumb, held together as if holding a small piece of food, tap the mouth several times.
Pain - The two index fingers tap together several times at the location of the pain. The face should show a pained expression.
Play - The "Y" hands are shaken, pivoting at the wrists, representing the shaking of a tambourine.
It has been almost a month since Brandi (one of my favorite bloggers) awarded me with this:
The rules here are to pass the award on to 7 bloggers who I think are honest in their blogging and to list 10 honest things about myself. Here goes:
1. I was born and raised in UT (any questions? It’s ok! Ask!) We now live in AZ and the only time I miss snow is at Christmas. Although, I occasionally missed snow at xmas even in UT.
2. I don’t color my hair. It used to be quite a bit lighter but has gotten darker with each baby. Not too bad though for someone with dark eyebrows!
4. My Mom and I both have twins. Twins don’t run in the family, infertility does. Gotta love chlomid!
5. I am terrified of spiders and the only way I dare to kill them is to throw phonebooks at them! My brave Bailey has to rescue me sometime and he will put a jar over the spider so Daddy can dispose of it when he gets home.
6. I am a ScrapLifter. I love to scrapbook, but I am not creative. Proper photo placement is not my "thing." I can however follow a pattern. Anyway, when my family looks at our albums they aren't going to know that I copied the layouts from somebody else!
7. I do not like to eat meat unless it is surrounded by some sort of bread/bun!
OK, this is why it has taken me a month! My sleep deprived mind can't think of anything else right now. I will add more if I can come up with anything else of interest!
And I am going to pass the award on to:
Made in Canarias
Personalized Sketches and Sentiments
A Nut in a Nutshell
Clay in His Hands
Messy Cars and Muddy Shoes
Granola Mom 4 God
Thank you and Goodnight!