Tuesday, February 2, 2010

True Story Tuesday - I'm Goin' Down Again!



You all did so well imagining my face plant last week that I decided you were ready to appropriately imagine the following clumsy moment. I HAVE been very fortunate that these embarrassing incidents have only been witnessed by babies who can not relay the comedic situations I find myself in!

Many years ago, in a garage far far away.........................

I was simply attempting to enter my Mother's house. I was wearing ridiculous flip flops that had a huge flower on the top and I was carrying a 1 year old Lily.

All I had to do was make it up 6 cement stairs!

I managed to step up 2 stairs, but the stupid flip flop did not clear the third step. (I completely blame the flip flops!)

I started going down!

I was holding Lily in my right arm.

The hand rail was on the right side of the stairs!

I held out my left arm/hand in an attempt to break my fall.

My hand smacked the door but it was not closed!

The door FLEW open and I continued my decent.

I landed on the rug just inside the door.

Upon hitting the rug (on my stomach), all of my forward motion transferred to the rug and we slid across the laundry room floor and crashed in to the dog's food and water bowls!!!!!!!!!!!! (can you imagine a Tom&Jerry cartoon?)

I got up and checked to make sure I hadn't broken any of Lily's bones. She just looked at me with big wide eyes! During the entire downward trip, I managed to hold her up and kept her from even touching the ground!

OK everybody! Head on over to Once Upon a Miracle for more true stories!

Here are some pics of Miss Lily when she was about 18 months old.





Coincidentally, all of these pictures were taken at my Mother's house!

16 comments:

Lindy said...

OMG! do i remember that? lily was fine, how about you? really good true story if it's not you going down... poor thing. love ya - mom

Kmama said...

LOL You're so brave to post these stories!

Lily is so cute...then and now.

Foursons said...

OK, I started laughing when you smacked the open door and didn't stop until...well I didn't stop. And then the picture of Lily puckering up made me laugh even more.

Lothiriel said...

lol
great story!
Lili is so cute!!

Danielle said...

LOL. Funny to look back on that now. You probably weren't finding it to funny when you slid into the dog bowls though.

xoxo
Danielle

Kari said...

Girl, you know how to make me smile! That is funny. You had me at 'but the stupid flip flop did not clear the third step. (I completely blame the flip flops!)' haha! Classic. Glad nobody was hurt :o)

Emmy said...

No way! Wow, there was definitely a little angel helping hold her up! Glad everyone survived... and yes it would have been pretty funny to see :)

Kim said...

Falling in itself if bad enough but holding a baby and sliding across the floor, yes, like something on a cartoon. I am glad Lily was ok I hope you were too. I have fallen so many times in a pair of flip flops I have you would think I would learn my lesson but I still have them. I broke a toe last summer.

Rachel said...

Oh I totally knew this was going to be a classic True Story once I saw the word "flip-flops". Oh wait, is that *two* words????

I've done that "falling while holding a baby" thing and it ain't fun. But crashing into the dog bowls just turned the whole thing into a comedy show - even though I felt bad about laughing...

Thanks for joining in - this was too funny to miss!

Clueless_Mama said...

Isn't it amazing how when we trip or fall with our kiddos, we always somehow keep from letting them get hurt. I could totally see this whole horrible fall happening in my head. You did a great job describing it.

All the pictures are just adorable as always.

Brian Miller said...

whew. that one got my heart pumping...glad she was safe. adorable pics!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

good to hear that you both fared well in the midst of that fall!

And Lily was an adorable baby!!!! I hafta say, my favorite is the one with her lip pucker :)

Blessings & Aloha!

Angimom said...

Heather! You should write a book - You are such a great story teller. I'm SERIOUS!!
(I'm still laughing).
Speaking of Lily... when is she going to get a gmail address? Grace can't wait to chat and e-mail back and forth.
Take Care ;-)

Emily said...

Wow...isn't it amazing how mothers are able to fall but still keep their babies safe? I'm glad Lily was unharmed and you ended up being OK too.

Sandra said...

I had a fall at a Mardi Gras Parade! I was knocked down for a pair of beads, I landed right in front of a police car! Good thing he was going super slow.......NO one helped me up, I got the bruises and brush burn to my arm, but my daughter came away with nothing on her!

Moms will do anything when it comes to their kids!

Sandra

Following you (follow Friday catching up) Bargains4wahms.com

{Kimber} said...

love the kissie face!
and this story sounds just like something I would do...I AM NOT GRACEFUL AT ALL!!!