Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Recycled Wednesday


I am feeling a bit under the weather today, so I am going to re-publish a post from last year. Back then, only family members were reading my blog. This is one of my favorites!

A Musical at the Oswald Theater
The other day the kids put on a play for me. It was called "Thunder Mountain"

Lily was a princess who lived on top of the mountain and she was waiting for a prince to come and marry her.
Ashton and Bailey were cowboys "Smith" and "Big"
They had horses and little pistols.
The first musical number was Smith and Big singing about how they were going to marry the princess:

"I'm going to marry the princess" sang Smith

"No, I'm going to marry the princess" sang Big

"No I am"

"No I am"

"No I am"

"No I am"

Lily had music from her piano playing and she would whisper the words to the boys before they sang.

Then both the cowboys raced up the mountain to ask the princess to marry them.

Next the princess sang about how she couldn't marry the cowboys because she wanted to marry a prince. And she was sorry but she wasn't that "in" to horses. Lots of singing "I'm sorry!" over and over! Eyes closed, arms outstretched.
The same music as the cowboys' song played on the piano, just different words.

And that was the end. I really had to contain my laughter! They did a great job with very little rehearsals. Oh, my silly kids!


This is just a silly picture, not from the performance.
 
For more funny kid stories, visit Marianne at Family American Style.

5 comments:

Kim said...

It sounds like a great play! My friend and I used to act out the song the Gambler for our parents when we were younger. How funny is that!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is too cute. Isn't it fun when they get along & create things together. I love it when mine work as a "team". Kids can be so creative.
Hope you are feeling better soon. It is not fair when Mommies get sick.

Foursons said...

Such talented kiddos you have! That imagination will serve them well in life I'm sure.

Family American Style. said...

I can see why it is your favorite. I bet it was hilarious.

Kari said...

That is too adorable. Sounded like a scene from a Veggie Tales movie! I hope my kids will be that imaginative when they grow up!