Monday, January 4, 2010

Take a Hike!

Well, the kids went back to school today. Usually after two weeks off, I am ready for them to go back to school! But we had so much fun together over the holidays that I just wanted it to keep on going and going and going! B.O.O. H.O.O!
I am suffering from some serious separation anxiety!

Anyway!!

We had a bunch of fun filled days to end our 2 week joy ride that included a hike on a nearby trail. Daisy and I stayed home cuz it was our naptime but DaddyO and GrandpaM took Lily, Ashton and Bailey on their first hike EVER! We all thought that they would hike around for about a half an hour and then cry to come home. The kiddos surprised us all and ended up hiking 6 miles with VERY LITTLE whining or crying! Lily took her new camera and except for the photos she is in, she took all of the pictures from their adventure!




below: 1st shot is on the trail and 2nd shot is at the top/end of the trail



On Saturday we got some sitters (grandparents) and DaddyO and I got to have a date night! YAY!! To celebrate my birthday. We had a fabulous dinner ALL BY OURSELVES and went to see Sherlock Holmes. I made DaddyO take our picture while we were waiting for the movie to start. I'm pretty sure we blinded everyone sitting behind us cuz his blackberry has a seriously bright flash!



And even though 3 of my  cuties are away, Daisy and I have a little visitor who will be keeping us busy on a regular basis.

We get to watch C-Ray a couple times a week!
Until we figure out a new schedule for the 3 of us, blogging could be a bit interesting!

I was a little worried about how Daisy would handle the competition but she just thought he was a dolly and kept reaching out her arms for me to hand him to her. She only yelled "Ma! Ma!" (mine) at him once when he was sitting in HER seat! (my lap)

Have a Great Week Everyone!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy late birthday! You look so pretty!

I am blown away that your kiddos hiked that long! (Ahem... I'm not sure I could have done that!)

And congrats on your newest addition (would that count as half a kid? :)

MadeInCanarias said...

Lily has made some great photos!

Happy Birthday!

Kmama said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you got to get out and celebrate!!

Good luck with the two little ones!

Emily said...

Hiking in the desert is so fun! And yay for your date night! Great picture...your hubs looks like he's having a good time but trying not to show it! :)

Lindy said...

YAY! pics of C-Ray (loveit;)on the blog and of course your cuties, darl, love - mom/grandma

Brandi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Great pic of you and DaddyO.

There is something just wrong about seeing snow on your blog while viewing pictures of your kiddos hiking in SHORT SLEEVES! We have left the short sleeves behind for hoodies. It's been quite chilly!

Awwwwwwww, the baby is SO cute! Good luck with Daisy! Sounds like she's doing pretty good with it! :)

Liz Mays said...

She thought he was a dolly! That's so cute!!!

I'm glad you had a date night!

He & Me + 3 said...

glad your vacation was so Fun. What great pictures Lily took. What a fun hike.
So glad you got to go on a date. You are both too cute.
HOw fun for you to get to babysit such a cutie.

He & Me + 3 said...

Happy Late BIrthday too.

Angimom said...

Lily is taking after her Mom - looks like she's becoming a great Photographer. Grace is trying out her "video" commentary skills to share with Lily when we're there in 4 days! Yikes! I better get busy!See you soon