Saturday, August 8, 2009

Makeover

Edit: I forgot to talk about how to remove the border that is around all the photos posted on blogger blogs. Go to "Layout" then "fonts and colors" and change the "border color" to match your background. White is the easiest to change.

So.........did you notice that I am in the process of giving myself a blog-makeover? While skipping through the blog-hop last week I saw an ad/button for Shabbyblogs.com. And they offer FREE blog designs! They have a bunch of fun backgrounds and great instructions on how to install them on your blog. I also got a Twilight blinkie and the cute little flower post divider. I'm going to try to add some of their cute sidebar titles or I might even try to make my own. I haven't decided yet. They have an excellent tutorial on how to add your signature to your posts (my first attempt at this needs a little help). I couldn't find a header that I liked that also matched my background, so I made one myself. Nothing too spectacular but it will get the job done for the time being!

Another source for do-it-yourself blog support is Jenie Shell's Blog. She has some really helpful tutorials. I made my "button" with the help of her instructions and although mine needs some tweaking, I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt. And my button was successfully added to Ave's Blog. Very exciting!


How did you design your blog? Are you using a good ole blogger template? Did you design it yourself? Do you know of other good sights for blog makeovers?





Last week, Ashton decided he wanted to form a band. He got Lily and Bailey to join. Ashton was the lead singer/boss of everyone, Lily played the guitar and Bailey was on drums. Ashton has one of those echo microphones, so I don't know why he was using rolled up paper that he MADE me put an elastic on. Lily's guitar strap is made from some scrapbook ribbon that I had to make wedding invitations with. It has little pearls along the edge (very rocker) and it is attached to the guitar with duct tape. The drums are my favorite part. Two bowls placed on top of the boys' desks and chop sticks for drum sticks. Daisy and I were waving our lighters during the concert! Oh these kids make me laugh................A LOT!



7 comments:

MadeInCanarias said...

I have something for you in my blog ;)

Brandi said...

The blog is looking fabulous! Thanks for the info as well. I checked out Jenie's blog and she has some great stuff on there! :)

Emily, Jerimy and River said...

Very cool info. I'll have to check it out!! Love the band and instruments! Rock on!!

Mandy said...

I just use a blogger template. I should not go look at the links for how to update my blog because school starts tomorrow and I know I'd be playing around too much with my blog rather than getting work done or getting some rest! :)
I like what you've done!

Bri said...

looks great and I am now inspired! :)

Lindy said...

it looks like i have missed some excitement while i was at the quilter's retreat. i am now the grandma to SUPERSTARS! i can tell they are amazing! xoxoxo - grendma/mom

Angimom said...

Heather, You and Your Kids TOTALLY ROCK!! (Literally and figuratively) Thanks for always making me smile and usually laugh out loud!!