Thursday, August 26, 2010

TYVM - 8/26/10

Courtesy of Kmama!


To the Walmart Vision Center, Thank You Very Much for FIRST telling me to "wait a little while" before coming in to look at glasses because the store was busy and SECOND, when we showed up, greeting us with a printed out and LAMINATED sign that read: We Are Closed Early Due to a Family Emergency!
All 3 of you had an emergency? Before closing time on a FRIDAY EVENING?!?!
Very Suspicious!!!
We took our business elsewhere, Thank You Very Much! *thumbs in ears, waving hands and sticking out tongue*

To Miss Daisy, Thank You Very Much for waking up, 3 nights in a row, when I sneak in to your room to make sure you are breathing before I go to bed!  And then requiring me to rock you before putting you back in bed! You gotta stop reminding me how wonderful it is to rock my snuggly baby cuz before I know it you will be all grown up and too big or too embarrassed to have your Mama rock you! Don't even think about blaming me! It is a complete accident that I step on the squeaky board just outside your room and that the doorknob creaks a little too loudly when I walk in!

Visit Kmama at The Daily Dribbles for your free therapy!

9 comments:

Pam Bowers said...

Sometimes I don't understand when business's do things to hurt their own business. Stupidity. Good for you for going somewhere else.

I would milk Daisy being little for all it was worth. I would step on every squeaky board in the house on my way to her room! ;)

Liz Mays said...

I can't believe the optical center pulled that crap.

Snuggle your Daisy as much as you can! :)

Brandi said...

Uh huh, you sure you're stepping on that board on accident? HAHA! Oddly, I felt little nostalgic cleaning up Bubba's barf last night and giving him a bath and washing his hair. How much longer do ya think he's going to let me do that? Not long, I'm sure.

Good for you for going somewhere else! What idiots!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

haha!!! I so remember my days (although many moons ago!) when I "tippy-toed"...as quiet as quiet can be...into our little ones rooms to see their sweet baby faces sound asleep...and...end up rocking someone to sleep! Ah well... hm...even now our older daughter is the lightest sleeper ever! (just like her daddy! ...for goodness sakes! I tip toe past the door when he is asleep and he wakes up!)

Blessings & Aloha!
trying to get a wee bit of blog reading in!

Kmama said...

Another great example of customer service by Walmart. Ugh.

LOL at rocking your baby to sleep. Buster's been waking up at night while sick and as much as I hate getting up, I love him sleeping in my arms!!

Thanks for linking up!

Kari said...

I'm in awe that you purposely would wake your child up to rock them. I love my kids to the moon and back, but goodness - I let them sleep :o) There's always time for rocking during the day - hehe!

Kim said...

Can't believe they actually laminated the sign at Wal-Mart, must not have been too big of an emergency, ha! Bummer for you gys though.

Alyssa still would have me rock her and I totally would. I'd be in heaven if she actually would fall asleep.

Have a great Friday!

Emmy said...

Target Optical is where it is at. Gotta love the laminated sign, stupid Walmart

He & Me + 3 said...

I hate Walmart period. Well...probably because they are not close but the few times I have been there...it has been just crazy. Do not go there early on black friday. *Scary*