Sunday, June 20, 2010

Monday Mugs - Summer


Are you in need of a mindless Monday Blog post? Are you struggling to deal with the weekend being over and can't muster the strength to type a single word? Well, Monday Mugs is for YOU! I may or may not "borrow" ideas from IheartFaces and post my interpretation of their weekly theme. Without submitting my photo for judgement and not being forced to follow the rules.

Mondays are hard! Blogging on Mondays shouldn't be!
Today's theme for Monday Mugs is: Summer

We don't usually go out of town during Summer break, but we like to at least have a little break from the house and it's "regular" routines! Most of the time, we enjoy a Staycation. Not a lot of tourists come to AZ in the summer time and the Hotels/Resorts offer really great rates, so we take advantage.

This was our in-town trip from 2006 and
some of my favorite Summer photos!



Our hotel room only had 1 king size bed, so we used a couch, a love seat and two chairs.......

to make 3 kid-sized beds!


If you are in need of a simple Monday post, JOIN ME! Grab my
button from the sidebar and link up your own post!

Next week's theme is: Pets

10 comments:

Kim said...

What great pictures! What a great Staycation! I love the couched pushed together for beds. They look cozy. I will link up tomorrow!

PS- Yes, the pictures I took of Lysse were edited with Picnik!

Liz Mays said...

The little beds you made...fantastic! They look so darling in their bathing suits too!

Kmama said...

Love those pictures!! What a fun vacation. So creative with the beds. I bet the kids LOVED that.

Brandi said...

Great pics! Staycations are so fun! :)

Emmy said...

Those really are great pictures! And why would tourism drop in the summer there? ;p

2003beachbunch said...

I love the kids king sized bed! Too cute :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

Gotta love beds that are made from couches and chairs. :) They were so little. What cuties.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing not a lot of tourists come during the summer because it is too hot for them! I was born in AZ and I lived there up until I was about 6. I miss it :) Where at in AZ do you live? Have you ever heard of 'slide rock'? I went there once when I was little and had the best time!

Shana Putnam said...

Oh I love these!! I love the kid beds too. You have to be inventive sometimes right??

Sarah @ Hippie Mommie said...

Great pictures! As always! :)

I completely forgot Monday Mugs again this week! :( I'm so upset!

I have an award waiting for you! :)